What is Pinterest? It can be described as: (a) An inspiration board comprised of collections of photos and images and (b) a place to waste (a lot of) time.
The first evening I discovered the joys of pinning, there was no time for sleep; there were too many pretty things to be pinned! I was terrified if I didn’t click on that annoying “Show me more pins” button just one more time, all those marvelous images for my boards would go unseen and unpinned and be lost to a black hole in the Pinterest universe forever.
This image below quite aptly depicts my discovery of Pinterest.
The very next day, I was so inspired by all the awesome fashion I had pinned, I planned to head straight to the V&A Waterfront after work to shop up a storm in hopes of making my virtual Pinterest closet a reality. However, when home time arrived, going straight home to pin sounded way more exciting than shopping. Have you ever heard of anything so sad? It’s a vicious cycle.
Useful Pingo (Pinterest lingo) to know
- Pinjá-vu – The feeling you’ve pinned it before
- Pinteresting – Something interesting you saw on Pinterest
- Pinsomnia – Lack of sleep due to pinning all night
- Pintervention – When those around you (usually non-pinterest friends) express concern for the amount of time spent on Pinterest
- Pincess – A Pinterest princess
If you haven’t joined the Pinterest party yet, what are you waiting for? Sign up here: www.pinterest.com/ and you’ll never look back.
See you in the Pinterverse!